How to Find the Dashboard Object
- From the home screen, click the symbol located at the top left corner of your screen to access the App Launcher.
- Search “Dashboards” in the search bar, or find it on the page.
- Select Dashboards.
Search Existing Dashboards
- Find and select your desired dashboard folder and dashboard.
Dashboard Folders and Selection
Navigating a Dashboard
- From a dashboard, you can refresh the dashboard information, edit or clone the dashboard, or create a new dashboard.
- To change who is viewing the Dashboard, first select the Edit button.
- Click the gear icon on the dashboard to open dashboard Properties.
Edit a Dashboard
- “View Dashboard As” has three options for viewing below. Pick one and click “Save”.
- “Me”, the person performing this action.
- “A specified user” (e.g. selecting the system administrator).
- “Logged in user”, meaning this will be a dynamic dashboard.
Note: If you encounter an error about not having the right access to view a dashboard, this is an easy fix. Change the viewer to a “Specified User” and select the user with a System Administrator license. This way all data will be shown, regardless of the user viewing the dashboard.
Note: Salesforce allows for up to 5 dynamic dashboards per organization. If you hit a limit, the best option is to find another dynamic dashboard and change the view to free up one dynamic capability.
Change Dashboard Viewer
Making a Dashboard Dynamic
Completing Viewer Edit