You can create and save new list views to see a specific set of records such as Contacts, Properties, or Comps. For example, create a list view of contacts in your state, properties of a certain square footage, or comps whose lease expiration date is in the next several months. You can also create views of contacts, or users to use for mass email recipient lists.
To edit or delete any view you created, click Edit next to the View drop-down list. Administrators and users with the “Manage Public List Views” permission can also edit or delete public views and some of the standard Apto views. Users without the “Manage Public List Views” permission see the Clone link instead of Edit so they can clone a public or standard view.
To create a new view, click Create New View at the top of any list page or in the Views section of any tab home page.
- Enter View Name
- Enter the name to appear in the View drop-down list.
- If you have the “Customize Application” permission, enter a unique name to be used by the API and managed packages. This field will attempt to auto-populate itself.
- Specify Filter Criteria
- Filter by Owner
- These options vary depending on the kind of record. In general, select All... or My... to specify the set of records to search. There may be additional options:
- Filter by Additional Fields
- Optionally, enter filter criteria to specify conditions that the selected items must match, for example, Square Footage Greater Than 10,000. *You can also use special date values in your filter criteria. See Date Literals
- Select Fields to Display
- The default fields are automatically selected. You can choose up to 15 different fields to display in your view. You can display only the fields that are available in your page layout. When you select a long text area field, up to 255 characters are displayed in the list view.
- To add or remove fields, select a field name, and click the Add or Remove arrow.
- Use the arrows to arrange the fields in the proper sequence.
- Restrict Visibility
- If you are an administrator or a user with the “Manage Public List Views” permission, specify whether everyone or just you can see the custom view. To see a list view, users must also have the appropriate “Read” permission on the type of records within the list view.
- Alternatively users can specify a public group, role, or role including all users below that role to see the custom view. To share the list view, select Visible to certain groups of users, choose the type of group or role from the drop-down list, select the group or role from the list below it, and click Add.
- Click Save. The view appears in the View drop-down list so you can access it later.
- You can rename an existing list view and click Save As to save the criteria of the list view without altering the original view. This can also be helpful when creating similar views in order to avoid re-entering the same operators, fields and visibility settings.
Let’s take a further look at creating a new view:
The information you see in list views is only the data to which you have access—either records you own or have read or read/write access to, records that have been shared to you, or records owned by or shared with users in roles below you in the role hierarchy.
In addition, you can view only those fields that are visible in your page layout and field-level security settings. Archived activities are not included in activity list views. You can use the Activity History related list to view these activities.