This article is for users with System Administrator profiles or a profile with Customize Application permissions.
In order to setup the integration with Real Capital Markets (RCM), follow the steps below.
- Obtain your API Keys from RCM Support
- Enable the integration in Apto Settings
- Add the Publish link to the Listing page
- (Optional) Add Real Capital Markets to your Lead Source values
Detailed instructions below.
Obtain RCM API Keys
If you do not have RCM API keys, please contact RCM Sales and mention the Apto-RCM integration.The RCM sales team will explain the process for initiating the integration from RCM.
Enable the Integration
- Go to the Settings tab. If you don't see it, click the + tab and then look for Settings. If you still don't see it, contact your Apto Administrator or Apto Support.
- Click On Real Capital Markets Settings
- In the API Keys section, click the Edit button. Enter the API Keys provided to you from Real Capital Markets. Use names that describe the type of project or marketing template that the key will create. These names may have been provided by RCM.
- Save the keys.
- Click Edit on the top section and enable the integration. You may review the help text for each option and choose which ones to enable.
When done, it should look something like this:
Explanation of Options
- Enable Integration: Activates this listing service for your org. When enabled, Users will be able to publish and sync Listings to Real Capital Markets.
- Run Daily: Activates a daily batch job that syncs listings marked for publishing (see: Using the Real Capital Markets Integration). The daily sync will send any changes to the listing or property fields to Real Capital Markets and then download any buyer activities that happened on the RCM project.
- Enable Contact Import: When importing buyer information from Real Capital Markets, this allows the integration to create new contacts. New contacts will only be created if the user specified in the owner field on the Listing does not have access to a contact with the same email address as the RCM buyer information.
- Record Owner: By default, the contacts will be owned by the owner of the Listing. If you want to specify a user to always be the owner of new contacts, choose a user in this field instead.
- Enable Company Import: When importing the buyer company information from Real Capital Markets, this allows the integration to create new company and associate it with the contact. This setting will take effect only when Enable Contact Import is checked.
- Record Owner: By default, the company will be owned by the owner of the Listing. if you want to specify a user to always be the owner of new companies, choose a user in this field instead.
- Enable Activity Import: This setting allows you to control the synchronization of activities from RCM to Apto. For each activity in RCM, an activity and a marketing record is created under the corresponding Apto listing.
- Name: This is typically provided by RCM, but any descriptive label for the key will work. This is what is used to select a key when publishing a listing.
- API Key: This key should be provided by RCM. Keys correspond to specific logins and templates as setup by RCM.
- Public: To make the key available to all users that have access to the Publish page, check this box.
- Sharing: If the key is not marked as public, use the sharing link to view which users have access and to share with other users or groups.
Enable the Publish Button
If you have never enabled another publishing integration, you may need to add the Publish button to your listing pages.
- Open a Seller Representation listing in your Apto org.
- Click the Edit Layout link in the top right.
- In the panel at the top, click on Buttons on the left side.
- Drag the Publish button down onto the area labeled Custom Buttons.
- Click Save
(Optional) Add Real Capital Markets to your Lead Source values
When Contacts are imported from Real Capital Markets, they will be created with a Lead Source value of Real Capital Markets.
If you want to be able to use this value in reports and list views, you'll want to add the value to the picklist field.
- Click Setup in the top right corner of Apto
- On the left menu, expand Customize, then Contacts and then click on Fields
- Click on the field named Lead Source
- Click New and type in the value: Real Capital Markets
- Click Save
Now your users should be able to start using the RCM integration.