A Listing is the second stage of the Pipeline. The Listing record is used to track the aggregate data of the spaces available within a specific property. Actual deals will be converted on the space.
To create a new Listing:
- Click Convert from a Proposal
- If on a Company, Contact or Property record, navigate to the Listing related list and click New Listing
- If on the Listing home page, click the New button
- If the Listing is not created by clicking Convert on a proposal, select the appropriate Record Type
- Fill in the Appropriate Fields
- Some key fields for a Tenant Representation Listing Include:
- Listing Name - This is a required field. Apto suggests using a uniform naming convention for all of your Listings. An example would be Client Name - Date, or Property Name - Date.
- Client - This is a lookup to the Contact Object. It is the lead contact involved in the listing, the decision maker who will ultimately decide whether the property trades or not.
- Client Company - This is a lookup to the Company Object. If left blank this field will automatically fill itself in with the Company associated with the Client entered in the previous step once the record is saved.
- Property - This is a lookup to the Property Object. This is the property being listed.
- Status - The status of the listing. This is used in views and reporting to determine if a listing is Active, Closed, In Contract or Dead.
- Commission ($) - Used for forecasting potential commission. This will automatically fill in a value on the commission related list.
These fields will all be filled in if the Listing was created by hitting Convert from a Proposal.
- Once the record is saved the Commissions related list will automatically create a record.
- If the Record is Converted from a Proposal it will retain the commission structure created on the Proposal
- If the Listing is created new:
- The Listing will have one related commission record at first.
- It will assign 100% of the fee on the deal to the user who created the Listing.
- In order to edit this or add additional Internal Agents (Users) or External Agents (Contacts), click Edit Commission
- To add Internal Agents click Add Internal Agent
- Enter their percentage of the deal
- To add External Agents click Add External Agent
- Enter their percentage of the deal
- The Total % must equal 100% before saving the record.
- To convert an individual Space to a closed Space or a Space under contract, click into the space and hit the Convert button. To convert to a closed lease comp hit Convert Comp. To convert to a space under contract click Convert Project.
Spaces within a Landlord Representation Listing
When working with Landlord Representation Listings, the Spaces that exist within the property listed are important to be able to interact with. As a result, when a listing is created the spaces related to that listing are automatically brought onto the listing
They can be seen in the Spaces related list on the Listing
Open the Space by clicking on the Space Name (For Example: A-00011) and use the Convert Comp button to convert the Space to a Comp.
(Notice that the Space is currently marked as available, showing no current lease information).
Once Convert Comp is clicked the Comp creation screen will appear with certain information pre-populated. Enter the additional Lease information such as the occupying Tenant, their rental rate, and lease expiration date.
Once saved, certain information such as Current Tenant (Company), Rental Rate, Rental Rate Type, Lease Type and Lease Expiration Date will be pulled back onto the Space. The Available field will also change to False.
This information will now display back onto a Property and Landlord Representation listing displaying the current accurate inventory available in the Property, while still tracking historic occupancy information on each Space.