The Apto Homepage
When you first log in, you’ll likely land on Home. You can also navigate to Home by clicking on the Home tab on the navigation bar at the top.
Once you land on Home, you may see the following features. Your Apto admin can create custom Home pages that appear for different profiles, so you may see different features on your Home page.
Apto’s home page layout and most other record layouts can be divided into 4 main sections:
The Top Navigation (1)
Side Bar (2)
Main Page (3)
Utility Bar (4)
1. Top Navigation
The Top Navigation is at the top of each Apto page and contains tabs/links for navigating to major objects.
1. Use the tabs to switch between objects. (Your admin can customize this list to suit your needs.)
2. Search to find any type of record. (See How to Search for Records, below)
3. Access user-specific customizations from the drop-down on your picture.
4. The “App Launcher” icon lists apps and additional objects available to you.
2. Side Bar
The side bar appears on most pages and provides insight into related activities and chatter to the record you are accessing. When on the homepage, it will populate your most recent activity and chatter.
1. “Recent Records” shows links to recently viewed items.
2. “Most Recent Activity” shows your Chatter feed, which allows you to collaborate with colleagues in context within Apto, as well as recent activities (e.g. calls, tasks, events, etc.)
3. Main Page
The main page will contain the data related to the record you are on. When on the homepage, it will provide you with the key information you need to make your day a success.
1. “Today’s Tasks” will show those that have been scheduled for today in Apto, or in your email provider (if integrated with Apto).
2. “Upcoming Events” will show your calendar of events in Apto.
3. The bottom section will show dashboards showing up-to-the-minute results from several reports. Dashboard information refreshes whenever you reload the page.
4. Utility Bar
The utility bar appears at the bottom of most pages and contains a couple of quick actions:
1. Links to your recently viewed items.
2. Link to where you can create quick notes.
How to Search for Records
Global search, at the top of each page, searches across all searchable objects within Apto.
1. Type in in the provided bar. As you type, notice the drop-down that lists My Recent Items. Always give instant results a quick peek before you continue. Chances are, your record is just one click away.
2. Once you’ve pressed Enter, you’re at the search results page.
3. Let’s start on the left side. By clicking an object name in the left search navigation (1), you can see results only for the selected object. Simply click Show More (2) to see the results for more objects.
4. On the right side you will see the matches to your search. Use View More (3) above the object search results and see all results for the object.