**Please note that only a System Administrator has the level of access required to modify page layouts.
How to Access Your Picklists
- Click the symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen, then click Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, type ‘Object’, then click Object Manager.
- Click on the object name you want to edit. In this example, we are editing the Contact object. Click on Fields & Relationships.
- At Fields & Relationships, scroll to the picklist name to edit, then click on the field name.
How to Edit an Existing Picklist
- Click Deactivate (under values) and/or Activate (under Inactive Values) to choose what users should see in the Picklist.
❗NOTE: You also have the option to delete picklist values, but it is not recommended that a picklist value is deleted for historical and data auditing purposes. Deleting it will also remove it from all records where that value resides.
How to Create a New Picklist Value
- Under Values, click New.
- Add new picklist values separated by a carriage return (hitting enter within the text box). Choose the record type page layouts where you want the new picklist values available, and click Save.
- Type in a unique Field Label, fill out the remaining fields, and click Next.
- Choose which user profiles can access the new field(s), if desired -- by default this is set to all. Then click Next.
- Choose which object record types the new field will be displayed on, if desired -- by default this is set to all. Click Save.