If both Microsoft® Outlook® and Apto are essential to your daily work routine, you can boost your productivity by automatically syncing the two systems. The Outlook Integration, an application that you install, automatically syncs contacts, events, and tasks between Outlook and Apto. You can also manually add Outlook emails to Apto Contacts, Companies, Properties, Listings and other records.
Downloading the Outlook Integration Installer
You'll download the installer from Apto.
- Close Microsoft® Outlook®.
- If you"re upgrading the Outlook Integration and it's open, make sure you close it now. To do so, right-click the Outlook Integration icon ( ) in your system tray, then click Exit.
- At the top of any Apto page, click the down arrow next to your name. From the menu under your name, select Setup or My Settings-whichever one appears.
- From the left pane, select one of the following:
- If you clicked Setup, select Desktop Integration > Salesforce for Outlook.
- If you clicked My Settings, click Desktop Add-Ons > Salesforce for Outlook.
- Click Download. Then click Save File. If the Download button is unavailable, ask your administrator to create and assign you to an Outlook configuration.
If you're an administrator, you can deploy installations to multiple users simultaneously using the .msi version of the installer.
Install and Setup the Outlook Integration
Now that you've downloaded the installer, you can begin the installation and setup process.
- Open the installation file you downloaded and saved, and complete the installation wizard.
- Open Microsoft® Outlook®. The setup wizard opens, and the Outlook Integration icon ( ) appears in your system tray. If the wizard doesn't open, you can start it manually. Just right-click and click Settings.
- If you need to log in to an Apto site other than the default, click Change URL and pick the server to which you want to connect. If the server you want isn't listed, select Other... and enter the URL, such as a custom domain used by your organization.
- Enter your Apto username and password.
- Click Approve. This creates a secure connection between Outlook and Apto. You won't need to log in again unless you encounter an error.
- Click Next, and choose the folders you want to sync. If you need to select different folders, click Change Folder and select ones that are within your default folders or the main Mailbox folder.
- Click Next, and then choose your sync method. If you want to:
- Select the individual Contacts, Events, and Tasks to sync, select Manual.
- Have The Outlook Integration sync all of your Contacts, Events, and Tasks, select Automatic.
- Click Next, and then select the kinds of private items you want to sync.
- Click Save. A welcome message appears at the system tray icon ( ), which is now active. If you're configured to sync Outlook items, and you chose Automatic for your sync method, all items in the folders you chose sync automatically. The icon spins during every sync cycle.
Adding Emails and Events to Apto Records
If you want to add important emails and events to Apto records, doing so is a snap. Here's an example of how you'll add an email to Apto records.
- Select an email in Outlook. The side panel displays Apto records related to the contacts in your email.
- Next to each Apto record to which you're adding your email, click . After you add the email, the added email indicator appears next to those records.
- Keep track of the records to which you added your email.
- You'll add events the same way you add emails. Just select an event from your Outlook calendar and go through the same steps.