How to Create a New Report Type
- Click the gear (or sprocket) button at the top right to go to Setup.
Here’s an example:
- In the Quick Find search bar on the left, type “Report” until you see “Report Types” in the dropdown and select this. Review the instructions displayed. These are important to understand what objects you can associate together. (Note: Most objects cannot be combined together in a custom report. Report Types are dependent on the data schema or architecture of Salesforce, and Apto.)
Here’s an example of the Custom Report Type instructions:
- Click Continue, then click New Custom Report Type.
Select New Custom Report Type:
Note: Not all objects are available for reporting.
- Select the primary object for your new report type (this is what your report will focus on).
- Enter a title in the Label, then hit your tab key to auto-populate the Report Type Name field.
- Enter a description of your report for future reference.
- Select a report category for storage. “Other Reports” is a good option.
- Select the “Deployed” radio button.
- Click Next.
Here’s an example of Steps 4 through 9:
- You can associate up to 3 other objects to your primary object.
- You can also select to exclude records without the sub-object relationship. For example selecting primary (A) object records that only also have (B) relationship.
- Click Save.
Note: Most objects cannot be combined together in a report. Report Types are dependent on the data schema or architecture of Salesforce, and Apto.
Here’s an example of adding related objects:
- Review your new report type. Make any edits as necessary.
Review your Report:
- Now when making a new Report, the report type you added is available for use.