When you install a licensed managed package in your organization from AppExchange, you purchase a certain number of licenses from the package developer or publisher. You can assign each license to a user within your organization. If you assign all available licenses, but would like to grant licenses to additional users, you can reassign a license or purchase more. To get more licenses, contact the publisher of the managed package.
|If you purchased a site license or if the managed package is not licensed, Apto automatically assigns licenses to all your users and the ability to manage licenses is not available. Your users can use the package as long as they have the appropriate permissions.|
- From Setup, click Installed Packages.
- Click Manage Licenses next to the package.
- To assign licenses to more users, click Add Users.
- To remove a license from a user, click Remove next to the user's name. To remove licenses from multiple users, click Remove Multiple Users.
- Click any column heading to sort the users in ascending order using the data in that column. Click the heading again to sort in descending order.
- If available, select fewer or more to view a shorter or longer display list.
To reset a user's password:
- From Setup, click Manage Users | Users.
- Select the checkbox next to the user's name. Optionally, to change the passwords for all currently displayed users, check the box in the column header to select all rows.
- Click Reset Password to have a new password emailed to the user.
A password created this way doesn't expire, but users must change the password the first time they log in.
Consider the following when resetting passwords:
- Only an administrator can reset Single Sign-On user passwords; Single Sign-On users cannot reset their own passwords.
- Resetting user's passwords might cause them to activate their computers to successfully log in to Apto
- Resetting locked-out user's passwords automatically unlocks their accounts as well.
- When users lose their passwords, they can click the Forgot your password? link on a failed login page to receive a new password via email. They must correctly answer a previously defined security question before they can reset their password and login. You can customize part of the page where the user answers the security question with additional information about where to go to for help.
|If the user has not defined a security question, or fails to answer correctly when trying to login, the password is not reset.|
The generated link in the email to reset a password expires after 24 hours, and there is a maximum of five requests to change a password in a twenty-four hour period. Administrators can reset a password as often as needed.