Salesforce1 allows users to access Apto from their mobile devices.
Using the Setup menu, which you access from the Setup link on the upper-right corner of any Apto page, you can:
Define the users who can access Salesforce1.
- For the downloadable apps, click Manage Apps | Connected Apps, and select the app you want to configure.
- For the mobile browser app, click Mobile Administration | Salesforce1 | Settings.
Customize how data shows up in Salesforce1.
- Optimize your page layouts so they'll display well on mobile devices. You can do this by modifying existing page layouts or by creating new page layouts that are mobile-friendly from the outset.
- For standard objects, click Customize | Object | Page Layouts. For custom objects, click Create | Objects, click the name of the object, then click New in the Page Layouts related list.
- Add expanded lookups, components (including the Twitter component), or Visualforce pages to the Mobile Cards section of a page layout to have them display as mobile cards in Salesforce1.
- Define the fields that show up in an object's record highlight area and in record preview cards, by creating custom compact layouts.
- For standard objects, click Customize | Object | Compact Layouts. For custom objects, click Create | Objects, click the custom object name, and click New from the Compact Layouts related list.
- Verify that your existing search layouts populate Salesforce1 search results with the desired fields. Click Customize | Object | Search Layouts.
Make it easy and efficient to work in the field by creating publisher actions tailored to your specific business activities and use cases. (Publisher actions are available if Chatter is enabled.)
- Make sure that publisher actions are enabled for your organization. Click Customize | Chatter | Settings.
- Be sure to enable feed tracking on objects for which you want to create publisher actions. Click Customize | Chatter |Feed Tracking.
- Create global actions that allow users to add new object records with no automatic relationship to other records. Click Create | Global Actions. To customize the fields that are used by publisher actions, click Layout on the Global Actions page.
- Then add the new actions to the global publisher layout so they'll show up in the Salesforce1 apps. Click Customize |Chatter | Publisher Layouts.
- Create object-specific actions that allow users to add new records or update data in existing records. Click Customize |Object | Buttons, Links, and Actions. To customize the fields used by a publisher action, click Layout on the Buttons, Links, and Actions page.
- Then add the new actions to the appropriate object page layout so they'll be available in the Salesforce1 apps. Click Customize | Object | Page Layouts.
Customize the options that are available in the Salesforce1 navigation menu, as well as the order in which items appear. Click Mobile Administration | Mobile Navigation.
Help keep Salesforce1 users aware of important Apto activities by enabling in-app and push notifications. Select Mobile Administration | Notifications | Settings.
Integrate third-party apps into the Salesforce1 navigation menu by adding Flexible Page tabs for the Flexible Pages deployed to your organization. Click Create | Tabs, then click New on the Flexible Page Tabs related list.
You may also want to check out the Salesforce1 App Admin Guide, which walks you through using the Salesforce1 declarative tools in Setup to get your organization ready for the Salesforce1 mobile experience.