As a part of managing your business, you want to have a good understanding of your accounts receivable and accounts payable as it relates to commissions. You can find this information in Apto for a single deal as well as for your overall business.
At a deal-level, you can use the Commission section to see the calculated nets based on the deal terms.
- Commission Amount: the gross commission on the deal
- Commission %: the negotiated % of commission
- Total Net Commissions: payments received minus commission expense
- Brokerage Net on Amount Received: brokerage net income based on current payments
- Estimated Brokerage Net for the Deal: the total gross revenue expected for the brokerage on this deal
Click the tab and find Back Office A/R & A/P.
This can serve as your commissions sub-ledger. On the left is your accounts receivable; the right, your accounts payable. The middle column displays net information. Reviewing this report can inform certain actions, such as following up with a client who has a large number of invoices outstanding, or reviewing your deals with the highest expenses to review cost structures.