Creating a New Commission Plan
Commission Plans give you the power to customize the splits for each agent on your team. Agents can only be a member of one active commission plan at a time. Agents must be in a commission plan before we can calculate commission payments. For more details on how net commissions are calculated, please see the article titled Commission Payments.
Standard Commission Plan
A Standard Commission Plan includes multiple tiers and commission percentages for a group of users.
The basic steps are: create a plan > enter the plan details > add the split levels > add members to the plan.
Click on the down arrow next to the Commission Plans tab and click New Commission Plan.
Select “Standard Commission Plan” Record Type and click Continue.
Enter the structure for the Commission Plan:
- Commission Plan Name: Enter a Plan Name (i.e. ‘Senior Broker’).
- Record Type: Leave the as “Standard Commission Plan”.
- Calculate Splits: Choose when the net commission should be calculated:
- Booked – Calculate Splits when a deal is booked and corresponding invoice is created.
- Received – Calculate Splits when payment is received and allocated to agent’s gross commission.
Calculate Commissions For: Select the record types for which this commission plan applies to. In order to create two different plans for sale and lease, create a plan for Specific Record Types and include Sale and create another plan with Specific Record Types and include Lease. If you have one commission plan that applies for all deals, simply select All Closed Deals.
For the Period: the period for which the broker split is calculated. Plan start to end date calculates the splits based on the range you specify. The default is Year to Date.
Click on Add Split link in the Splits table to add a split.
Enter split details:
- Agent Split
- Gross Commission To (Recommend to leave it as blank for the last split level)
- Gross Commission From (Recommend to leave it as 0 for the first split level)
- As you add rows to add splits, the From value will default to the previous level’s To: value. You do not need to change this value to add the penny (i.e. $50,000.01 in the example).
Click on the Add Agent link to add an agent to the plan.
Enter Member information:
- Previous Gross Commissions: used in calculating the net commissions
- Date for Previous Gross Commissions
- Plan Start
- Plan End: leave it blank if the plan applies forever
Note: If a new agent starts in the middle of the year, you can add the agent to a new plan with a start date and end date and add them to another plan in the beginning of the next year.