How to Add a User
- Click “Setup” in the top right-hand corner under the gear icon.
- In the left-hand side menu, click "Users | Users".
- Click “New User”.
4. Enter the user’s first and last name.
5. Enter the user's email address and username. By default, the username is the same as the email address.
6. The Role is set by default to “<None Specified>” -- do not change this.
7. The User License should be set to “Salesforce Platform”.
8. Select a profile, which specifies the user's minimum permissions and access settings. For more information on user profiles, click here.
9. Select the other options and enter the remaining user information as needed. Note that only the fields in red are required.
10. Select the “Generate new password and notify user immediately” checkbox.
11. Hit “Save”.
Here's an example of steps 4 through 11: